We have extensive experience in web development. Over time we have built, adapted, modified and refined a large number of applications online. These include:
- Online shops and a suite of ecommerce features
- Content management systems
- Map servers and mapping tools
- Resources libraries
- Membership directories
- Online toolkits
- Configurable contact database applications
...and a host of other bespoke systems.
Our clients are varied, as is the work we do. Our approach is based on an 'agile' process.
Our ApproachWe structure our work with an approach that has a proven track record. Rather than draw up, in advance, detailed requirements and specifications concerning the exact layout and functionality online our experience has shown us that it is better to:
- Produce an initial document with a summary of the project, it's scope, key features, expectations and an estimated cost.
- Break down the project into 'user stories'.
- Create wireframe and prototype front-end website designs for feedback and discussion.
- Setup the basic functionality live as early as possible, feeding in to a test site.
- Build working prototypes of the main site areas.
- Conduct live tests with the client and possibly some test users.
- React to feedback.
- Amend the website front-end, functionality, and back-end admin accordingly.
The process involves:
- Continuous consultancy and communication with the client.
- Working in short, iterative development cycles.
- Involving the client, and test users, closely in these stages so that communication is transparent and that all parties are involved in the project.
This approach, we believe, is both flexible and realistic, and leads to successful outcomes.